Your taste buds are in for a big treat with this delectable layered salad that has beets and hummus as the main ingredients. It is really incredible, and in addition to that, it is extremely simple to prepare. The combination of hummus and beets results in a taste that is subdued and gentle. It is delectable in addition to being loaded with nutrients. My husband has requested that I prepare this dish once again in the near future since he thought it turned out so well when I made it for our Sunday brunch the previous weekend.
If you want to bring this beet and hummus layered salad with you to work for lunch the following day, all you have to do is store it in the refrigerator overnight before you go. Because of its elegant appearance, this dish is ideal for serving at special occasions or gatherings.
Best of luck!
Time required for preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25-30 minutes (time to cook the beets)
- 3 organic red beets
- 2 organic yellow beets
- 6 tbsp. (60ml) of fresh coriander
- 6 tbsp. (90ml) of olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 of organic lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the beets in water with coarse salt for about 25-30 minutes, depending on their size. Verify with a knife. You can cook them ahead or the day before. Peel them when they’re cooked and colder. It will be much easier than if you do it when raw.
- In a small hand chopper, put the oil, the lemon juice, the coriander, the salt and the pepper. Mix until it’s all well blended. That will be your vinaigrette.
- Slice your beets and start to assemble them with the hummus.
- First place the red beet, spread about 1 tsp. (5ml) of hummus. Repeat with the slice of yellow beet with another teaspoon of hummus and finish with a last slice of red beet.
- Put a few drops of vinaigrette on top, some fresh pepper and serve with a few lettuce on the side.
- 1 What are our readers’ thoughts on this recipe?
- 2 FAQs
- 2.1 Is beet hummus good for you?
- 2.2 What is beet hummus made of?
- 2.3 How many calories are in beet hummus?
- 2.4 What can I do with beets?
- 2.5 Is beet inflammatory?
- 2.6 What are the disadvantages of hummus?
- 2.7 What does hummus do to your body?
- 2.8 Can you eat raw beet?
- 2.9 What can I use instead of tahini in hummus?
- 2.10 Are Beets protein or carbs?
What are our readers’ thoughts on this recipe?
This is without a doubt one of the most delicious salads. In addition to that, I use fresh peaches rather as beets, and I also add a few slices of fresh cucumber.
The only thing that I changed was to put a little bit extra vinaigrette on top of the beets so that the sweetness of the beets would be balanced out.
This is such a delicious dish! I’ve tried it twice, and both of those experiences were enjoyable.
10. I added grilled chicken and some grilled bell peppers. Roasted sweet corn was also included by one of the readers. Its delicious!! Both my husband and my kid rated it a perfect 10.
The beet salad was just served to us. That was great! I really appreciate you sharing this recipe with me.
This salad, which I prepared, turned out to be really delectable!!! I think the dressing has a great flavor, and I want to thank you for making it.
Yesterday I prepared this layered salad including beets and hummus, and everyone in my family really enjoyed it. One of my children suggested that we should prepare this dish on a more regular basis.
We had a lovely meal last night. The beet salad is amazing, and I will definitely be preparing it again in the near future. It was a hit with all of us!
This dish for a side salad turned out to be really delicious when I prepared it. Both the beets and the vinaigrette had a wonderful degree of tenderness and flavor. I intend to prepare it once again.
This is quite simple to prepare, but it yields a dish that is both wholesome and delicious.
Is beet hummus good for you?
Due to the high levels of fiber and protein provided by the chickpeas, the high levels of antioxidants and phytonutrients provided by the garlic and beets, and the healthy fats provided by the tahini and algae oil, I believe that this Beet Hummus belongs in the category of responsible snacks.
What is beet hummus made of?
Beets, tahini, garlic, lemon, cumin, salt, and pepper are the components that go into this dish. This dish is not like typical hummus in that it does not use chickpeas.
How many calories are in beet hummus?
The amount of calories in one tablespoon of beetroot hummus is 77.
If you eat a typical adult diet of 2,000 calories per day, one tablespoon of beetroot hummus will give around 4 percent of the total daily calorie need for you.
What can I do with beets?
Beets that have been cooked may be used in a variety of dishes, including salads, hummus, and smoothies. They may be cut into cubes for use in slaw, cut into quarters for use in grain bowls, or mashed for use in preparing a dip or spread. Their texture, which is thick and chewy, works well in a galette or quesadilla.
Is beet inflammatory?
Decreased Levels of Inflammation
Moreover, beets have a high concentration of nitrates, which help decrease inflammation by flushing toxic substances out of the system. Because of the presence of both betalains and nitrates, beets are an excellent food option for those who suffer from inflammatory disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis or fibromyalgia.
What are the disadvantages of hummus?
Potential adverse reactions to hummus
It is possible for the sodium levels in the body to rise as a result. Consuming an excessive amount of salt via the diet may lead to a rise in cholesterol levels, as well as high blood pressure and even stroke.
It contains a significant amount of potassium….
It is possible that it may induce allergic reactions, kidney stones, weight gain, irritable bowel syndrome, and IBS.
Harmful components, include an excessive amount of iron and folic acid.
Oct 1, 2022
What does hummus do to your body?
It’s possible that the high fiber and protein content of hummus will help people shed extra pounds. Those who eat chickpeas or hummus on a daily basis have a lower body mass index (BMI) and a smaller waist circumference than those who do not consume either of these foods on a regular basis.
Can you eat raw beet?
Beets are not only beneficial to your health, but they are also very tasty and simple to add into your diet. You may also roast, steam, or pickle them in addition to juicing them. You also have the option of buying them already canned and precooked for added convenience. You may also consume them in their raw state by slicing them very thinly or grating them.
What can I use instead of tahini in hummus?
It is an excellent one-to-one replacement for tahini. Sunflower seeds are used in its production, making it suitable for consumption even by those who are allergic to nuts. Tahini and sunflower butter have a similar consistency, and sunflower butter has a flavor that is pleasingly earthy.
Are Beets protein or carbs?
A single cup of raw beets has 13 grams (g) of carbs, of which 9.19 grams are comprised of sugar and 3.8 grams are comprised of dietary fiber. 2.2 grams of protein in total.