Yesterday, while I was making this bread for today’s breakfast (by the way, I came up with this recipe on the spot), I truly did not anticipate it to be quite as delicious as it turned out to be. Because I think this is a great dish, there’s no reason not to include it in the collection. Lets start baking!
The preparation will take ten minutes.
1.5 hours for the ascent
To prepare food: one hour
- 400 ml lukewarm water
- 240g of organic buckwheat flour
- 115g organic quinoa flour
- 115g organic brown rice flour
- 2 tsp. (10ml) xanthan gum
- 2 tsp. (5ml) active dry yeast
- 1/2 tsp. (5ml) salt
- 2 tbsp. (30ml) sugar
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup (160ml) raisin
- 2/3 cup (160ml) crushed walnuts
- 2 tbsp. (30ml) chia seeds
- sesame seeds for decoration
- In a small bowl, combine the water an the yeast and let stand for about 10 minutes. In the meantime, in a big bowl, mix the dry ingredients except for the raisins, the walnuts and the chia seeds.
- Add the egg and the water and mix for approx. 5 minutes. You will get a sticky dough. Combine the balance of the ingredients, except the sesame seeds.
- For a vegan version of it, you can replace the egg by 1tbsp. (15ml) of flax seeds with 3tbsp. (45ml) of water, like in my recipe of No eggs, no problem with these nut bars.
- Put the dough it in a 9″x5″ greased loaf pan, sprinkle it with the sesame seeds and let it rise for 1 1/2 hour. I usually put it in the microwave with a cup of hot water. It helps to keep the place warm and humid so the dough rises better.
- Preheat your oven to 400º and cook for 50-60 minutes.
- Remove your bread from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes. Remove it from the pan and place it on a grill.
As I always do, I asked my readers to take part, maybe tell me what they think about my recipes and give me some tips, as well. What do they think of this one? Do they like it, did they make someone important to them happy with it? Did it help them save some time? Simply, what do our readers say about this recipe? Here it comes:
Amazing, and yet so simple!
Whoa, I am at a loss for words, the quality of this is absolutely outstanding. I’m not a huge lover of buckwheat, but I think this dish makes the most of the grain’s potential.
yummy, mnom mnom mnom mnom!
woooow, I am astonished
This is quickly becoming one of my go-to recipes. Because of the honey, it has the perfect amount of sweetness, and the addition of sesame seeds gives it a unique flavor that is very delicious.
what the f is going on, what the f is going on, what the f? I don’t know what else to put, so I’ll just say, “YOURE GOD, YOURE F GOD!”
I adore you, and I think this statement will go a long way in impressing my date.
And, just a little message before I officially say my goodbyes to all of you: You are one thousand, no, one million, no, one billion, no, one billion times more great, pleasant, and fantastic than any of these recipes. Love you, love you all!