I can’t really tell you how delicious this cake is since I didn’t have a chance to sample it until after my kid had gotten her hands on it. But I think that’s enough for now; let’s begin baking, shall we?
Time to prepare: 20 minutes
1 hour of cooking time
- 2 tbsp. (30ml) of grounded flax seeds
- 6 tbsp. (90ml) of water
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic sorghum flour
- 1/3 cup (83ml) of organic brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of arrowroot starch
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of organic almond flour
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5ml) of xanthan gum
- 2 tsp. (10ml) of baking powder
- 1 tsp. (5ml) of baking soda
- a pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic whole brown sugar
- 6 tbsp. (90ml) of vegan butter
- 3 organic ripe bananas
- 1 3/4 cup (187.5ml) of organic pitted and chopped date
- 1 cup (250ml) of organic walnuts
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic 70% chocolate chips
- Preheat you oven to 350º.
- Grease a 9″x5″ loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the flax seed and the water and leave it aside for 10 minutes so it thickens.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sorghum flour, the rice flour, the arrowroot starch, the almond flour, the xanthan gum, the baking powder, the baking soda and the salt.
- Cream the butter and the sugar.
- Add in the bananas and the flax seeds mix then continue mixing.
- Gradually put in the flour mix, the dates, the walnuts and the chocolate chips.
- Put your batter in the loaf pan and bring it in the oven to cook for approximately 1 hour or until your knife comes out clean. It all depend on your oven, it can be more or less.
- Remove it from the oven and let it cool on a wired rack.
Like I normally do, I invited my readers to participate by telling me what they thought about my recipes and offering me some advice. What are their thoughts on this one? Do they enjoy it, and did it make someone essential to them happy? Does it save them any time? Simply put, what do our readers think of this recipe? It’s finally here:
This is a delicious banana bread that you can eat guilt-free. I know nothing about the creator, but the dish is fantastic!
Since my flours vary, I use 4 cups whole wheat flour, which makes the loaf thicker and gives it a slightly deeper color. 4 cup spelt flour and 1 cup This dish is fantastic! It has a lot of fiber and a lovely flavor without being too sweet. I use 1
This is a fantastic banana cake.
This banana bread was very light and moist.
This dessert is incredible. I’m not usually a fan of banana-based sweets, but this one is delicious. It’s not too sweet, but it’s just perfect.
I prepared this cake last week, and my husband still raves about it. He declared it to be the greatest banana bread he had ever eaten.
This dish is delicious! This is without a doubt my new favorite banana bread recipe!
That tastes better than any cake I’ve ever had.
This dish is very delicious!!
I cooked this for Easter brunch and had rave reviews from everyone who tried it. I also brought some of the batter home for my family, and they were pleased.
And one more thing before I say good-by to everyone: You’re 1000, no 1 000 000, no 1 000 000 000 times more great, pleasant, and fantastic than any of the recipes on this page. I adore you, I adore you all!