Do you enjoy soups that can be eaten on their own and don’t leave you hungry if you don’t serve them with another course? Yes? Then you should certainly try this carrot and orange soup. Just a slice of gluten-free bread and you’ve got yourself a meal!
Time to prepare: 10 minutes
Time to cook: 30 minutes
- 5 cups (1250ml) of water
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 6 organic carrots
- 1 cup (250ml) of orange juice
- 1 potato
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of red lentils
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of white beans
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp. (5ml) of curry powder
- 1 cube of organic vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper
- In a pot over medium heat with a bit of coconut oil, soften the onion. Add the garlic cloves, the carrots, the potato that were coarsely chopped, the lentils and the white beans.
- Cook them for 5 minutes. Mix in the curry powder so it covers the vegetables, then gradually add the water and the vegetable broth.
- Let it cook for 20 to 25 minutes.
- With a hand mixer, blend the vegetables so it makes a smooth texture.
- Add the orange juice, the salt and pepper if needed.
What are our readers’ thoughts on this?
My spouse and I both enjoyed this soup! That was tasty and simple to prepare. We used a lot of thyme in our soup, but a couple more orange peels at the end might have added more color.
I attempted to prepare carrot and orange soup, but it was disappointing.
The soup was delicious, and I really liked it. This is something I will absolutely cook again and again.
The soup was not very tasty. It tasted like ordinary veggie soup.
Although the carrots and orange juice were great combined, they did not complement the lentils.
The soup was delicious. I would serve it again to visitors. Thank you for another delicious dish.
I like the carrot and orange soup, but if I cooked it again, I would add extra orange juice to make it thicker.
I should have used more carrots and orange juice to make it less bland.
Carrot and orange soup was a favorite of my wife’s. I’m not sure why she was so taken by it, but she was. The only issue is that she never gives me a recipe.
I thought the carrot and orange soup was fantastic. My partner didn’t like it at all. This is something I will absolutely cook again.
I believe the dish could have used a lot more carrots and orange juice. It would have been much preferable.
Veganism is less about what you don’t eat and more about what you do! Whether you want to make a lifestyle shift or just try something new for yourself and your family, The Art of Being Vegan provides you with the most up-to-date and relevant knowledge you’ll need to take the first step toward a more vegan lifestyle.