This cauliflower and root soup is not only delicious and simple to prepare, but it’s also unique in that I used flavored oil instead of herbs, which made a major difference.
Time to prepare: 10 minutes
Time to cook: 20 minutes
6 persons can be served
- Sunflower oil
- 1 small organic cauliflower
- 1 small organic onion
- 5 organic jerusalem artichoke
- 2 organic parsnips
- 1 cup (250ml) of organic cooked white beans
- 3 tbsp. (45 ml) of nutritional yeast
- 5 cups (1.25L) of water
- 1 cup (250ml) of organic fresh cilantro (or any herb you like)
- 1 organic garlic clove
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic avocado oil
- Salt and pepper
- Chop all you vegetables very coarsely since you will blend your soup in the end.
- Heat about 2tbsp. (30ml) of sunflower oil and cook your onions for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in all your chopped vegetables, the white beans and continue to cook for another 5 minutes, still over medium heat so they don’t burn. Put the nutritional yeast, some salt and pepper
- Gradually add the water and simmer for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, in a small hand chopper, blend your herb and garlic with the oil until you get a fine texture. Season it with salt and pepper.
- Put it in the blender to cream it and serve with your cilantro oil.
Like I normally do, I invited my readers to participate by telling me what they thought about my recipes and offering me some advice. What are their thoughts on this one? Do they enjoy it, and did it make someone essential to them happy? Does it save them any time? Simply put, what do our readers think of this recipe? It’s finally here:
This soup was delicious. Okay, I’m a fussy eater, but this soup was incredible. The soup’s combination of cauliflower, onion, garlic, and spices is delicious. The tastes were fantastic, and it created a delicious meal for my husband and myself.
Root combination is delicious, particularly when combined with herbs. Last week, I attempted this dish. That was amazing! Cauliflower is a kind of vegetable.
This is excellent. I did, however, make a few minor changes to it.
What is your favorite soup? I do! And this is my personal fave. I just adore it. The cauliflower adds a beautiful crisp texture, and the avocado oil adds a sweet taste that really enriches the whole experience. If you’re not a fan of avocados, like my husband is, add another large tablespoon of olive oil.
I’ve been preparing this soup for years, and my family just loves it! I purée the soup in a blender and serve it with minced garlic and cilantro.
This dish is fantastic! It’s extremely simple, tasty, and has just enough substance to satisfy you with just a spoonful or two.
This soup is delicious. I cooked the celery soup for my husband’s birthday supper, and it was well received by my guests. I made the cilantro oil the day before and it really contributed to the beauty of this simple and spectacular dish.
This cauliflower and root soup was cooked for two key persons in my life: my mother and her friend. I think they both loved it, but I’m not sure whether they like cauliflower (haha).
And one more thing before I say good-by to everyone: You’re 1000, no 1 000 000, no 1 000 000 000 times more great, pleasant, and fantastic than any of the recipes on this page. I adore you, I adore you all!