Like many others, I assumed that purchasing beans in cans was the only way to go, that buying dried and then soaking to cook the following day was practically impossible. Yet it is really rather simple. Like, super simple! Just keep an eye on the salt content and you should be OK.
Preparation time: around 15 minutes
Time to cook: 20-30 minutes
- Coconut oil
- 2 small onions
- 4 green onions
- 2 tbsp. (30ml) fresh ginger
- 2 cups (500ml) of organic chickpeas
- 2 tbsp. (30ml) of nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 tsp. (7.5ml) of curry powder
- 2 cups (500ml) of snow peas
- 398ml (1 can) of organic light unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup (250ml) of finely chopped coriander
- 1/2 (125ml) cup of organic walnuts
- salt and pepper
- In a small pot, over medium heat, melt the coconut oil. Cut the onions and cook them in until they turn golden. Add the ginger, the chickpeas, the yeast, the curry, salt and pepper. Stir and let it cook for about 5 min. so all the flavors blend together. Then add the coconut milk and the snow peas and let it cook for about 15 min.
- When it’s almost cooked, add the coriander and the walnut.
- You don’t want to overcook this herb, but just get the flavor out of it.
- You can serve it over brown rice or quinoa.
Like I normally do, I invited my readers to participate by telling me what they thought about my recipes and offering me some advice. What are their thoughts on this one? Do they enjoy it, and did it make someone essential to them happy? Does it save them any time? Basically, what do our readers say about this recipe? It’s finally here:
I cooked this last night and it was delicious. That was wonderful. There was no exception to my love of legumes. Thank you so much for your contribution.
Very simple and tasty!
This was delicious and very simple to prepare! I created it for my parents, who adored it! I haven’t had much time to cook recently, but this only took about 15 minutes to prepare and was excellent. I’ll definitely make this again, thanks!
I can’t believe how easy yet delicious this is to prepare. My whole family, including our 10-month-old daughter, enjoyed it. I’ll have this dish on hand for those times when we need something fast.
This was delicious! I made it last week. Very fast and simple to prepare!
This dish is incredibly easy to prepare and has a beautiful color! That was my first time cooking with chickpeas, and I was scared they wouldn’t come out good, but they did! It’s also delicious with brown rice.
This was Little Miss’s meal today, and she devoured everything! That was also really appealing to me. Excellent taste.
And one more thing before I say good-by to everyone: You’re 1000, no 1 000 000, no 1 000 000 000 times more great, pleasant, and fantastic than any of the recipes on this page. I adore you, I adore you all!