The combination of chocolate and bananas is one that has been around for a long time, and there are many reasons why these bars may be our favorites.
Time required for preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
- 3 ripe organic bananas
- 3 tbsp. (45ml) of organic raw cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup (83ml) of almond milk
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of organic melted vegan butter
- 1 cup (250ml) of organic Medjool dates
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of water
- 1 cup (250ml) of organic oatmeal
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic rice flour
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of organic almond flour
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of organic corn starch
- 1 tsp. (5ml) of baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic walnuts
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic sunflower seeds
- Preheat you oven to 375º.
- Put your dates and the water in a small pot and cook the for about 5-10 minutes until they turn into purée.
- In a bowl, combine the bananas, the cocoa powder, the almond milk, the butter and mix well.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the oatmeal, the rice flour, the corn starch ,the baking powder and the salt.
- Gradually add in your flour mix to your bananas and integrate the rest of the ingredients (dates purée, chocolate chips, walnuts and sunflower seeds) to your batter.
- Grease a 9″x13″ oven dish and spread the batter evenly.
- Cook for about 45 minutes.
- Wait until it’s a bit cool to remove it, and transfer it on a wired rack.
- 1 What are our readers’ thoughts on this recipe?
- 2 FAQs
- 2.1 Is banana and chocolate a good combination?
- 2.2 What can I do with lots of bananas?
- 2.3 How many calories are in a chocolate chip banana bar?
- 2.4 What should you not mix banana with?
- 2.5 What should you not mix with bananas?
- 2.6 How many bananas a day is too many?
- 2.7 Is two bananas a day too many?
- 2.8 Why should you not freeze bananas?
- 2.9 Does a banana have as much sugar as a candy bar?
- 2.10 Why do banana chips have so much fat?
What are our readers’ thoughts on this recipe?
Wow, the cake smells amazing! I chose to make it for my family after seeing the recipe on your website earlier today and making the decision to prepare it. It is simple to prepare, and the only tool you will need is a hand mixer. On the other hand, while I was eating the freshly made cake with my family in the evening, no one ate more than one piece, and the majority of them couldn’t even complete one slice. Although I didn’t like for it when I had it for the first time, but later on, when my stomach was rumbling with hunger, I went back for seconds. Earlier this morning, as I was finishing up my breakfast, which consisted of handmade bread, a banana, and a cup of steaming coffee, I watched the news.
The cake had a delicious flavor and was perfectly moist. I thought the cinnamon and chocolate went very well together. I had no trouble following the instructions for the original recipe, and the food that it produced was delicious.
Everything turned out wonderfully with the dessert! It retains a lot of moisture and taste, yet the sweetness level is just right. The fact that my whole family enjoyed it so much is nothing short of a miracle for a gluten-free and vegan cake. I like how straightforward the recipe is.
Is banana and chocolate a good combination?
Do you think that banana and chocolate work well together? It is impossible to go wrong when you combine bananas with chocolate, but using dark chocolate is preferable since it helps to temper the sweetness of the bananas. But, any kind of chocolate will work with bananas.
What can I do with lots of bananas?
What to Do When Your Bananas Are Beyond Their Prime Mash Them Into Oatmeal. Eating the natural sugars found in bananas is a terrific way to give yourself a burst of energy in the morning, which makes breakfast the ideal time to do so.
Blend to make batter for waffles or pancakes. Make banana muffins. Bake banana cookies. Mix into a smoothie. Transform into ice cream. Whip up beignets. Add to a smoothie. Bake banana cookies.
Jun 2, 2022
How many calories are in a chocolate chip banana bar?
Banana Bars baked with Chocolate Chips, Made with Healthy Ingredients
The following is a breakdown of the nutritional content of each bar: 413 calories; 54.6 grams of carbohydrates; 4.5 grams of protein; 21.1 grams of fat.
What should you not mix banana with?
For optimal digestion, avoid combining acidic fruits like grapefruits and strawberries with sweet fruits like bananas and raisins. Sub-acidic meals like apples, pomegranates, and peaches are also best avoided when combined with acidic fruits like grapefruits and strawberries. You may nonetheless combine acidic and sub-acidic fruits in the same dish. Bananas and guavas should not be used in the same dish for the same reason.
What should you not mix with bananas?
Avoid combining fruits high in acidity with fruits high in sugar.
Never mix sweet fruits like bananas and raisins with acidic or sub-acidic fruits like grapefruits, strawberries, apples, pomegranates, or peaches. This will cause the acidic or sub-acidic fruits to become more acidic. This is due to the fact that it often causes issues with digestion, including nausea, acidosis, and migraines.
How many bananas a day is too many?
According to Collins, though, “it would be difficult to overdose on bananas” for a person who is otherwise healthy. “It is estimated that you would need to consume close to 400 bananas on a daily basis in order to reach the quantity of potassium that would cause your heart to stop beating… Bananas do not pose any health risks; on the contrary, they have always been and continue to be an excellent food choice.”
Is two bananas a day too many?
So, it is a fantastic suggestion for any healthy individual to consume two bananas on a daily basis. Patients suffering from heart disease who are receiving beta blockers as treatment should exercise caution since these medications boost potassium levels. While bananas are ranked as “medium” on the glycemic index, eating them twice a day may not be the best practice for diabetics.
Why should you not freeze bananas?
The texture of a banana that has been frozen in its peel will be similar to that of mashed banana after it has been thawed and peeled after being frozen in the peel. If you freeze bananas while they are still in their skins, the bananas may become a dark (or even black!) hue, which may be unappealing, but you can still use them safely and they will taste great in your next batch of banana bread.
Does a banana have as much sugar as a candy bar?
To begin, 17 grams of sugar is really a far lower amount than what you’ll find in the majority of candy bars. Take, for instance, a Milky Way Bar; it has 35 grams of sugar in it. However, keep in mind that the 17 grams of sugar amount only applies to a big banana; a tiny banana has around five grams less sugar than a large banana.
Why do banana chips have so much fat?
Why do banana chips have such a high percentage of saturated fat? mostly due to the fact that they are submerged in coconut oil, which is the second component on the list, right after bananas.