We’ve been trying to live a healthier lifestyle as of late, so we’ve been trying out a variety of granola cereals. This one turned out well for us. The dish takes very little time to prepare, and the end result is delicious. When you next wake up on the wrong side of the bed, give it a go and see how it goes!
It is not too late to begin eating healthier in this year; there is still time. First things first: swap out that highly processed cereal you’ve been eating for something more natural, like this chocolate granola cereal recipe that my daughter and I came up with together.
And by the way, since having fun in the kitchen is one of the most important aspects of cooking, this recipe really is one of the most amusing ones to follow. It can be done in a short amount of time, requires no meat of any kind, and has fantastic results. So let’s not waste any more time and get to it!
Time required for preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
- 3 cups (750ml) of organic oat flakes
- 2 tbsp. (30ml) of cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. (5ml) of grounded cinnamon
- a pinch of salt
- 1 cup (250ml) of organic amaranth puffs
- 1/3 cup (83ml) of chopped organic hazelnuts
- 1/3 cup (83ml) of chopped organic almonds
- 1/3 cup (83ml) of organic chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic raisins
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of chopped organic dates
- 1/3 cup (83ml) of organic melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup (83ml) of maple syrup
- 1 tsp. (5ml) of vanilla
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of chia seeds
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of organic hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of chopped organic 70% dark chocolate chunks (or chips)
- Preheat your oven to 350º.
- In a medium bowl, combine the oat flakes, the cocoa powder, the cinnamon, the amaranth puffs and the salt.
- Add in the chopped hazelnuts, the, chopped almonds, the chopped walnuts, the raisins, the dates, the melted coconut oil, the maple syrup, the vanilla and the lemon zest. Mix until it’s all well blended.
- Put a parchment paper on a cookie sheet, and spread you mix evenly.
- Cook it in the oven for about 45 minutes. Mix every 15 minutes.
- When you remove it from the oven, add the chia seed, the hemp seeds and the chocolate chunk. I add it at the end so they stay raw and keep all their nutrients.
- Let your cereals cool before storing them.
- 1 I appreciate that practically every item in this dish is organic. Many individuals eat non-organic foods without realizing what they are losing out on in terms of health.
- 2 FAQs
- 2.1 Is kind chocolate granola healthy?
- 2.2 Is granola a junk food?
- 2.3 How many calories are in granola chocolate cereal?
- 2.4 Is chocolate granola good for weight loss?
- 2.5 Is granola better for you than cereal?
- 2.6 Which is healthier granola or oatmeal?
- 2.7 What does eating granola do to your body?
- 2.8 What does granola do for the body?
- 2.9 Is Kellogg’s granola healthy for weight loss?
I appreciate that practically every item in this dish is organic. Many individuals eat non-organic foods without realizing what they are losing out on in terms of health.
This granola is very delicious! I’m not sure where you got the idea, but all of the components work well together. Everyone in the household looks forward to it. Very delicious! I am grateful that you shared this.
The most delicious granola in the world!! I’ve been making it for years, and it never fails to be the talk of the party wherever I take it.
How could you possibly pass up a dish as simple as this one? This is a really simple breakfast dish, yet it still manages to be filling, so the whole family may indulge in it without growing tired of it.
It was obvious to me that store-bought granola bars might be improved upon, since I find them to have an unacceptable level of sweetness for my preferences. This granola recipe is quite delicious, and even that little child enjoys eating it.
Everyone should start their day with this delicious and wholesome meal! Both the preparation and the eating of it are quite simple. I really like how you incorporated the lemon zest.
This cereal was a great find for me since I’ve been seeking for a healthy option that doesn’t sacrifice flavor. Extremely easy to prepare, and the results have a wide range of positive effects.
The fact that practically all of the components of this dish are organic is something that really appeals to me. There are a lot of individuals that eat non-organic food, but they have no idea what kind of health benefits they are giving up by doing so.
Is kind chocolate granola healthy?
KIND HEALTHY GRAINS Clusters of Dark Chocolate with Whole Grains are a nutritious snack combination that combines all of the necessary components into one easy-to-eat package. For a delicious and nutritious gluten-free snack mix, try these nourishing clusters, which are constructed with five super grains and have the flavor of dark chocolate as well as cocoa powder.
Is granola a junk food?
Granola is a cereal that is both wholesome and satiating. Yet, many types have a high calorie count and are loaded with an excessive amount of sugar, both of which are detrimental to one’s health. Make sure to read the labels on the items you purchase carefully and choose for those that include entire foods, such as raisins, seeds, and nuts, that are rich in protein and fiber.
How many calories are in granola chocolate cereal?
One serving of Sunshine Chocolate Granola Cereal has 120 calories, 6 grams of fat, 13 grams of net carbohydrates, 15 grams of total carbohydrates, and 4 grams of protein.
Is chocolate granola good for weight loss?
Granola may help you lose weight, but only if you choose to consume the kind that is low in sugar and high in fiber content.
Is granola better for you than cereal?
Granola has a greater concentration of Copper and Fiber, while cereal has a higher concentration of Vitamin B1, Iron, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B3, Vitamin A RAE, and Vitamin C. Granola also has a higher concentration of Copper and Fiber. The daily requirement coverage for vitamin B1 that cereal provides is 461% higher. Granola has five times the amount of fiber that is found in cereal. Granola has 7 grams of fiber, but a bowl of cereal only has 1.4 grams.
Which is healthier granola or oatmeal?
Which One Is a More Appropriate Choice for Breakfast? Granola is our choice for a balanced and nutritious breakfast, while oatmeal is also a good option. The additional nuts, seeds, and dried fruits in granola provide a source of fiber and beneficial fats that oatmeal does not have.
What does eating granola do to your body?
Granola made with whole grains, such as oats and barley, as well as nuts and very little added sugar and fat is considered to be healthy. When consumed in moderation, this calorie-dense meal has the potential to make you feel full, provide you with energy, and have a good influence on numerous crucial indications of metabolic health (blood glucose, blood pressure, cholesterol, weight).
What does granola do for the body?
Granola helps you keep track of the calories you consume, which is an important step in the weight reduction process. Oats and seeds are examples of granola components that have a high fibre content and are also rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which are known to help decrease the levels of cholesterol in the body. Because of this, there is a decreased likelihood of getting heart disease and high blood pressure.
Is Kellogg’s granola healthy for weight loss?
If you do not consume the cereal in moderation, it will prevent you from losing weight successfully. It has simply too much fat, too much sugar, and far too many calories to be called a healthy meal that is favorable to weight reduction in any manner. You may not realize it, but the honey, almonds, and dried fruit all contribute to a larger total number of calories than you would expect.