Do you want your children to tell you that the dessert was spectacular, not simply good? Do you want them to have a longing for those sugary cookies, or do you want them to remember how great they were? So there isn’t anything simpler than following this recipe, so let’s get started!
To make 12 cookies:
Time to prepare: 15 minutes
Time to cook: 10-12 minutes
- 1 cup (250ml) of organic 70% chocolate chunks or chips
- 4 tbsp. (60ml) of vegan butter
- 2 tbsp. (30ml) of organic grounded flax seeds
- 6 tbsp. (90ml) of water
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic brown sugar
- 1 tsp. (5ml) of vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (187.5ml) of organic oatmeal flour
- 2 tbsp. (30ml) of arrowroot starch
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5ml) of baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic dry roasted walnuts
- Preheat your oven to 350º.
- In a small bowl, combine the flax seeds and the water and set aside for 10 minutes.
- In a small pot, melt the chocolate and the butter. Let it cool for 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix the oatmeal flour, the brown sugar, the arrowroot starch, the baking powder and the salt.
- Incorporate the melted chocolate and the grounded flax seeds mix. Stir well. Add in the walnut and continue to mix until all your ingredients are all blended.
- Put about 1 tbsp. of batter per cookie on a pan.
- Cook them in the oven for about 10-12 minutes, depending on your oven.
- When you take them out of the oven, let them cool a bit before you transfer them on a wire rack. If you don’t, they might brake.
- Last step is to eat them. Enjoy!
What are our readers’ thoughts on this recipe?
I was looking over some of the other recipes on your site and I have to admit, picking a one to attempt is going to be quite difficult!! So far, everything I’ve read seems great and fresh! Of course, the fact that I am vegan and the majority of my family is not helps, but all of the recipes I’ve seen sound incredibly healthful and appetizing to non-vegans as well. You have no idea how many vegan sweets strive too hard to be authentic; they frequently taste like plastic!
Yet, these meals look like they would be tasty regardless of your diet Fantastic.
I believe the cuisine looks amazing, and your website is fantastic.
I can’t wait to taste these cookies since they seem delicious!
I’d lie if I didn’t want a batch:).
Your dishes sound delicious, and I can’t wait to test them. The brownie cookies, in particular!
These cookies seem delicious and nutritious!
The brownies and cookies you share look very scrumptious! Ill try them out for sure.
I was looking over your recipe collection and was amazed at how many different recipes you had. I like to go to the grocery store and get items that I would never typically acquire (like flax seeds). It’s amazing what you can achieve with such little items; they offer such a nice taste.
I want to let you know how much I like your site! Your dishes are one-of-a-kind and tasty, and you provide a broad range of vegan and gluten-free options.
That looks to be a fantastic website, and I am certain that I will return for more. I was able to discover the recipes I was searching for, and your site wasn’t overflowing with them.
The brownie cookies look delicious, and I want to try some of the other recipes you included. But I’m curious whether you have a particular gluten allergy issue. Would they be acceptable if I didn’t use any flour? Is there anything else that might create issues?
I just wanted to let you know that I discovered your site today and have read all of your recipes.