I don’t really love cooking on Sunday nights, but I do appreciate a decent supper. So I recalled one of my favorite eggplant recipes, tweaked it a little to fit what I had in the fridge, and here we are: a week’s worth of supper in less than an hour. I hope you appreciate it as much as I did!
Time to prepare: 10 minutes
Time to cook: 35 minutes
- Olive oil
- 1 organic eggplant
- 1 organic red onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 celery stalk
- 2 mushrooms (could be more but that’s what I had! 🙂 )
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of sun dried black olives
- Fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper
- Gluten free pastas
- Part skim mozzarella cheese (To make it vegan, you could use the Daiya cheese)
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Chop all the ingredients. In a bit of oil, cook the onion and the garlic until tender. Add the rest of the ingredients and cook for 15 minutes. In the meantime, cook your pastas half the time indicated on the package, it will continue to cook in the oven.
- Mix the pastas and the vegetables and put it in an oven dish. Cover it with cheese and put it in the oven for 15 minutes.
- At the last minute, put it under broil to grill it.
What are our readers’ thoughts on this recipe?
This recipe was a hit with my family. It tasted like something I’d get at a restaurant, but without all the bad stuff. My kids enjoyed eating the roasted eggplant (and who can disagree with that?!).
The eggs left a weird aftertaste, but the meal as a whole was great. I’ll make it again using zucchini instead.
This was cooked for a date night with my spouse, and we both enjoyed it! I added extra eggplant, a red bell pepper, and gluten-free corn pasta. In addition, I used a vegan mozzarella cheese that was suggested in the comments area. Everything came together well, and I will certainly make it again!
This is something I created tonight. That was fantastic! My spouse enjoyed it as well. In your tongue, the eggplant dissolved.
This was fantastic! I was honestly astonished by how tasty it was. I’m not a huge lover of eggplant, but the flavors in this meal were incredible. This will absolutely be included into my recipe box.
Where can you get this recipe?
4 servings from the printed recipe page Preparation Time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 35 minutes Time allotted: 45 minutes Olive oil is one of the ingredients.
2 cup black olives, sun dried Thyme de Provence Gluten-free spaghetti with salt and pepper mozzarella cheese (part skim) Instructions Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. All of the ingredients should be chopped. 1 pound organic eggplant 1 onion, organic 2 cloves garlic 3 stalks celery two mushrooms 1
I’M NOT SURE WHAT HAPPENED! I’M NOT TRYING TO STEAL.
I love you all and thank you for all of these wonderful reviews! I am SO SO SO SO SO MUCH HAPPY TO KNOW YALL! I know I’m a terrific chef, but it’s nice to see so many other people recognize it as well. I know I’m extremely awesome; I know there’s nothing I can’t do, and you know I’m going to do a boo at you soon.