Salads don’t have to be cold; to be honest, I like warm salads. This dish may be used in a variety of ways. I prefer to have the salad for dinner, but it can also be used as a wonderful vegan appetizer since it can be made ahead of time.
- 6 cups (1.5 L) of water
- 1 3/4 cups (437.5ml) of organic yellow cornmeal
- 1 tbsp. (15ml) salt
- 3 tbsp. (45ml) vegan butter
Salad with warm dressing:
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) of organic dry sprouted lentils
- 4 1/2 cups (1.125l) of water
- 1 organic red onion
- 1 organic yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup (250ml) of organic arugula
- 1 cup (250ml) of parsley
- 1 cup (250ml) of coriander
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of organic sunflower seeds
- 4 tbsp. (60ml) of olive oil
- juice of 1 organic lemon
- Salt and pepper
- For your polenta, bring your water to boil. Add the salt and the cornmeal and whisk. Do this for about 15 minutes regularly, until it’s cooked. Pour it on a cookie sheet and let it cool so you can cut it in pieces later and fry them.
- Slice your onion and cover the slices with a bit of oil and a bit of salt. Leave it there until you’re ready to put them in the lentil salad.
- In an another pot, cook the sprouted lentils for 5 minutes and leave them out of the fire for another 10 minutes. Drain and let them cool for 10-15 minutes.
- In the meantime cut all your vegetables and herbs and put then in a salad bowl. Add the sprouted lentils, the sunflower seeds, the oil and the lemon juice. Put the salt and the pepper to your taste.
- In a non-stick frying pan, put a bit of oil and fry your pieces of polenta. This also can be made ahead and warmed in the oven.
Like I normally do, I invited my readers to participate by telling me what they thought about my recipes and offering me some advice. What are their thoughts on this one? Do they enjoy it, and did it make someone essential to them happy? Does it save them any time? Simply put, what do our readers think of this recipe? It’s finally here:
This was an excellent recipe. I believe it would be delicious as a side dish to any dinner. I plan on making it again shortly.
The polenta was delicious! I haven’t had that in a long time. That was simple to prepare and much better with some vegan cheese on top; it was delicious.
This meal is wonderful! I wish I had the supplies to make polenta every week, but I’d want to experiment with other kinds of lentils. Thanks!
Delicious! I adore polenta in all forms (raw or cooked), but I’d never prepared it this way before. This is a simple recipe that yields a large quantity. This would look great on a buffet table for guests.
Excellent for folks who don’t believe they like lentilscrispy on the surface, soft on the insideloved them; served with fish and marinara sauce
Extremely good! Everything was fantastic.
And one more thing before I say good-by to everyone: You’re 1000, no 1 000 000, no 1 000 000 000 times more great, pleasant, and fantastic than any of the recipes on this page. I adore you, I adore you all!