Since I wanted to make some changes to my standard date recipe, I came up with this. What are y’thoughts all’s on this?
Time required for preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 55 minutes
- 2 1/2 cups (625ml) of organic chopped and pitted Mejdool dates
- 2/3 cup (166ml) of water
- 1/3 cup (83ml) of freshly pressed organic orange juice
- 1tbsp. (15ml) of organic orange zest
- 1 1/4 (312ml) of organic oatmeal
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic quinoa flakes
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of organic almond flour
- 3/4 cup (187.5ml) of organic millet flour
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of organic tapioca starch
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of finely chopped organic walnuts
- 1/4 tsp. (1.25ml) of baking powder
- 3/4 cup (187.5ml) of melted organic coconut oil
- Preheat your oven to 350º.
- In a small pot, put the dates, the orange juice, the water and the zest and cook for about 5 minutes or until it turns into puree, then let it cool.
- In a small bowl, combine the oatmeal, the quinoa flakes, the millet flour, the almond flour, the tapioca starch, the walnuts and the baking powder.
- Add the coconut oil to the oat mix.
- Take an 8″x4″ oven dish and line it with parchment paper, it is very sticky and can be hard to remove.
- Put half of the oatmeal mix at the bottom and press firmly to make it even.
- Then add the date mix and spread evenly.
- Finish with the balance of the oatmeal mix.
- Put it in the oven for 55 minutes.
- When you take it out of the oven, let it cool for at least 2 hrs before you remove it from it’s dish otherwise it won’t hold and it will only be good to add to your cereals (still good but not what you want).
- 1 What are our readers’ thoughts on this recipe?
- 2 FAQs
- 2.1 Are date squares good for you?
- 2.2 Should date squares be refrigerated?
- 2.3 What are date squares made of?
- 2.4 Why is it called matrimonial cake?
- 2.5 Are date squares good for constipation?
- 2.6 Are dates too high in sugar?
- 2.7 Why do you put baking soda on dates?
- 2.8 How long do dates last once opened?
- 2.9 Can dates expire?
What are our readers’ thoughts on this recipe?
Oh, my heavenly being! These cookies are without a doubt the most delicious ones I’ve ever had. My buddy bakes extremely delicious cookies, and I’ve been attempting to acquire the recipe from her for quite some time now, but she won’t give it to me haha. I really like them, and the flavor is really reminiscent of a cookie that you may pick up at a local bakery. I want to thank you for providing such a delicious dish.
My spouse really loves them, so I prepared them for him last night. These are wonderful, and I am so grateful that you shared them with me.
OMGosh! Eggs, milk, peanuts, and soy beans are the foods that may make my kid sick. She is able to consume oats so long as they do not come into touch with any of the other foods to which she is allergic, which is almost everything.
These are some of the best. In general, I’m not a big fan of cookies, but these ones are quite tasty.
They are out of this world!! When I used to work there, one of my coworkers was an Indian lady who cooked these cookies often. They were very fantastic. Much more delicious is this recipe!
OMG! These are the most delicious cookies I’ve ever had! We are grateful that you have shared this with us.
Will it work to use wheat flour for the all-purpose flour? My spouse really enjoys eating this dish.
You may absolutely use whole wheat flour in lieu of the all-purpose variety. Be sure to give it a thorough combining before using it.
Are date squares good for you?
Date squares are a delectable dessert that, when consumed in moderation, may be included in a diet that is beneficial to one’s health. Date squares, despite the fact that they include natural sugars like those that can be found in dates and other dried fruits, also contain certain helpful elements including dietary fiber, iron, and antioxidants.
Should date squares be refrigerated?
The shelf life of date squares is about three to four days when stored in an airtight container at ambient temperature and up to one week when stored in the refrigerator. In addition to that, they freeze incredibly nicely. Just make sure that the bars have been completely cooled before you freeze them, and make sure that you freeze them in a container that is airtight.
What are date squares made of?
A delicious dessert, date squares are made by combining brown sugar, oats, butter, and sweet dates in a simple mixture. These are the perfect pick-me-up for a relaxing winter day. This is the baked-goods version of a warm embrace, if such a thing really exists.
Why is it called matrimonial cake?
Some people believe that the name “matrimonial cake” came about because the cake consists of two distinct layers that are joined together by dates. This is meant to represent two individuals who are courting one another before deciding to be married. Some people believe that the smooth and rough textures of the date squares are meant to depict the easy and tough moments that occur during a marriage.
Are date squares good for constipation?
Dates are a nutritious supplement to any diet, regardless of whether or not the eater is expecting a child. Dates have a high amount of fiber, which helps maintain digestive health and eases constipation. They also include a high concentration of magnesium, which is a mineral that is well recognized for the anti-inflammatory effects it has and for lowering the risk of both high blood pressure and stroke.
Are dates too high in sugar?
Dates have an extremely high amount of sugar in comparison to the remainder of the nutritional value that they provide. While ingesting dates, those who are attempting to control their blood sugar, such as those who have diabetes, should be conscious of the entire amount of sugar that they are taking in.
Why do you put baking soda on dates?
The pudding will have more volume with the addition of bicarbonate of soda. Also, it assists in the breaking down of the dates and distributes them throughout the mixture, preventing them from sinking to the bottom.
How long do dates last once opened?
To ensure that the dates keep their moisture content, the ideal place to store them is in the refrigerator, in an airtight container. They can be refrigerated for up to six months without going bad, but the longer they sit, the more moisture they could lose.
Can dates expire?
Dates have a really long shelf life when they are maintained correctly, in addition to having an irresistibly sweet taste and a wide range of applications. There is yet a technique to bring back that sensitive bite even after they have lost their wetness and become more rigid. But, this does not imply that they will continue to exist forever. Dates may and often do go stale.