Everyone enjoys a hearty meal now and again, and what better option than pancakes? The whole family will appreciate the blueberry and chocolate ones, and since leftovers can be warmed up the following day or frozen, you can make more and save them for later!
Time to prepare: 10 minutes
Time to cook: 5-7 minutes (for each pancake)
- 1 1/2 cup (375ml) of organic buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of sorghum flour
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic quinoa flour
- 1/3 cup (82ml) of arrowroot starch
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5ml) of salt
- 2 tbsp. (15ml) of baking powder
- 2tbsp. (30ml) of organic grounded flax seeds
- 6tbsp. (90ml) of water
- 3 tbsp.(45ml) of hemp seeds
- 3 cups (750ml) of almond milk
- 3tbsp. (45ml) of maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. (15ml) of vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (82ml) of organic melted coconut oil
- Blueberry and chocolate pancakes1 mashed organic mashed banana
- 1tsp.(5ml) of organic apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of organic chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic blueberries
- In a small bowl, combine the grounded flax seeds and the water and set aside for 10 minutes.
- In a food processor or with a good knife, finely chop the chocolate chunks.
- In a medium bowl, combine the buckwheat flour, the sorghum flour, the quinoa flour, the arrowroot starch, the salt, the baking powder.
- Mix in the almond milk, the flax seeds mix, the maple syrup, the mashed banana, the coconut oil, the vinegar, the vanilla extract.
- Once you get a smooth batter, mix in the chocolate and the blueberries.
- Heat you pan and add a bit of oil so it doesn’t stick. Pour in 1/2 cup (125ml) of batter. Wait until you see holes on top before you flip them.
- Serve them with maple syrup. It’s spring!!!! 🙂
What are our readers’ thoughts on this?
Thank you for this fantastic recipe! I’m excited to try it with blueberries. I’ve been craving blueberry pancakes for years but haven’t eaten any in years. Thank you once again!
Your pancakes are fantastic!!!! And incredibly simple to create! My kid is allergic to tree nuts and also gluten free.
I am so pleased I discovered this recipe; the boys adore them, and we will be enjoying pancakes for breakfast on a daily basis; we even utilized the leftovers to create breads and rolls! Thank you very much!
This is a fantastic recipe. The coconut oil contributes to their lightness. The addition of the blueberries adds a sweetness that you would not have noticed previously.
[The] muffins were simple to prepare and delicious. I’d never cooked a gluten-free muffin before, but after experimenting with a few recipes, I decided to give this one a go.
It’s ideal for gluten-free muffins. I plan to make more of your recipes.
This dish is fantastic. My kids liked the blueberry pancakes I cooked with almond milk.
These pancakes were cooked for breakfast today. These were delicious, flavorful, and ideal for a cool April morning. The berries were an excellent complement.
This dish is fantastic. I’m a health nut who loves blueberry pancakes, but I can’t eat them anymore due to wheat allergies. This recipe was just what I needed! Thanks!